Working Towards Justice For All
The Telesca Center For Justice is a revolutionary model uniting Rochester's civil legal service providers for the disadvantaged under a single roof. Named for Senior U.S. District Judge Michael A. Telesca, the Telesca Center For Justice houses the offices of four agencies that provide civil legal services for the poor.
Learn More About The Telesca Center For Justice Partners
Empire Justice Center
- The Empire Justice Center is dedicated to protecting and strengthening the legal rights of people in New York State who are poor, disabled, or disenfranchised through system change advocacy, training and support, and high quality direct civil legal representation.
The Legal Aid Society of Rochester
- The Legal Aid Society of Rochester provides direct civil legal services, including lay advocacy and human services, aiming to ensure that those who seek justice have an opportunity to receive a full and fair hearing.
- Legal Assistance of Western New York Inc. (LawNY) is a not-for-profit law firm that provides free legal advice and representation in non-criminal matters to low-income individuals and other vulnerable populations. The Rochester office of LawNY provides legal assistance in a broad array of areas including public benefits, health law, housing, fair housing and elder law and employment.
- Just Cause provides free legal help to low-income residents of Monroe County, NY, who are facing non-criminal legal problems. Services are provided by 1,600 pro-bono volunteers who donate their time to ensure low-income individuals have access to the justice system.
Telesca Center for Justice Legacy Society
- A planned gift to the Telesca Center for Justice Legacy Society supports the critical work of the Telesca Center partners and future generations of lawyers while inspiring others to do the same.