The Ethics Committee responds to requests from attorneys about ethical obligations and their future conduct; educates lawyers about legal ethical issues; and reviews proposed changes to the New York Rules of Professional Conduct.
To read the full stated purpose of the MCBA Ethics Committee, click here.
- Examining Ethics: Strategic alliances: ethical implications, 9/17/18, Patricia Foster
- Professional interpreters’ ethical standards improve reliability, 4/5/18, Ardeth Houde
- Why it shouldn't be all in the family: conflicts imputed to family members, 3/9/18, Curtis Johnson
- Dodge Cupid's arrow when it comes to relationships with clients, 2/9/18, Victoria E. Gleason
- Avoiding unintentional client-lawyer relationships, 1/5/18, Amy Kendall
- Not an associate, not quite a parter - ethical rules applicable to the title 'Of Counsel', 12/1/17, Katie Carter
- Telling war stories: just because it's on PACER doesn't make it fair game, 10/3/17, Curtis Johnson
- The tricky territory of paying for referrals, 9/12/17, Katie Carter